Sand, Newspaper, Colored chalk (as many different colours as you like) See-through glass bottle, Funnel, Stick White glue, bottle cap, any sort of board
cool craft that lasts
1. Spread out the newspaper on your working surface.
2. Place some sand on the board.
3. Take any coloured chalk and roll it in the sand, until the sand turns that colour.
4. Put the funnel in the bottle.
5. Lift the board and empty the sand into the funnel.
6. Take the stick and make a few bumps in the sand.
7. Repeat steps 2-6, using a different colour of sand each time, until the bottle is 1-2 cm ( 1/2 inch) less than full.
If you are using a bottle cap be sure to fill the bottle to the top. Press the sand down firmly, be careful not to move the bottle around or the sand will smudge. If you are using the glue, pour it in to the remaining 1-2 cm (1/2 inch) of the bottle, and leave to dry. If you are using the bottle cap screw it on. Tidy up!