- To play the Marshmallow Toss, provide enough marshmallows for each person to have 4 to 5 each.
- A large round bowl
- One small plastic bowl for each individual
Marshmallow Toss is a fun activity promotes cognitive skills through memory recall, ROM (range of motion) through physical upper extremity movement, hand eye coordination through targeting , socialization through verbal & non verbal communication, and independence.
- Everyone sits in a circle so that each person has a clear view of each other.
- Each person places their small plastic bowl in front of them on the floor.
- Each person is given 2 or 3 marshmallows in their bowl. The object is to aim and throw marshmallows into someone else’s bowl.
- A time limit can be given. For example, You have 10 seconds to have an empty bowl.
- Variations of this game:
- One person may call out questions such as “Whoever has brown hair throws their marshmallow to the bowl of the person on their left,” or “Everyone throw a marshmallow into the bowl of the person who has blond hair.”