To play California Kickball, you need bases, a playground ball/kickball.
- This game is played with 6 bases (see set up below).
- A player kicks the ball into the field.
- They have to tag all 6 bases to score. You may have up to three offensive players on any base. You are not forced to run to the next base.
- Outs occur if a kicked ball is caught in the air or a ball is thrown at a runner that is in between bases. There are no force outs.
- Throws must be chest level/below & not as hard as you can throw.
- I play that everyone kicks once per inning and then switch.
- You can play as many innings as you like, but I usually play three to five innings.
Bases are set up like this:
X X X