- To play Cat and Mouse have everyone but two people forms a circle standing far enough away from each other so players must comfortably stretch arms to hold hands with the players next to them. The two outside players will be running through these spaces.
- One of the people outside of the circle is the cat and the other is the mouse. They will begin on opposite sides of the circle.
- When the game starts, the cat tries to catch the mouse. If either the cat or the mouse runs through one of the spaces in the circle, the space gets closed by the players who the cat or mouse just ran through. As the game progresses, more and more spaces get closed.
- The game goes on until all the spaces are closed. If one player gets trapped in the circle, the other player wins.
- If both players are trapped inside or outside the circle, the group counts to ten and the cat has that count to try to catch the mouse. If the cat catches the mouse, the cat wins, otherwise, the mouse wins.