1 Bean Bags and 2 buckets/or trash cans, tape.
Score as many points as possible.
- Create two teams with five to six 5 to 6 players each, depending on space.
- Set buckets/trash cans several feet apart (distance depends on # of players, age groups, etc)
- Tape a box around the can of at least two feet in each direction, perhaps more depending on age. You could also use a large loop of rope. The point is not to allow players to simply drop the bean bag into the can/bucket. They have to toss it.
To Play (game is like basketball):
- Bean Bag starts of with one team based on a coin flip.
- Players with the Bean Bag cannot move/walk/run with the bag. They can either pass the bag to another player on their team or shoot for the bucket/can.
- If the bean bag falls on the floor, it goes to the opposing team. For example, if a player passes the bag to another player, and it is dropped. A player on the other team picks it up. This is also true for missed shots.
- Defenders can block or intercept the bag. However, defenders can not touch the person with the bag, or the bag while in possession. There is no stealing.
- This game is best played in two ten minute halves. For larger groups, consider substituting players at halftime.