1. Everyone squats in a line, facing alternate directions, think of the line as the center of an oval running track.
2. The player on one end of the line becomes the runner.
3. The player on the other end of the line becomes the chaser.
4. The chaser may run in either direction to start but may not switch directions mid way.
5. As the chaser runs around the track, she may tap a person on the back and that person becomes the chaser, as the old chaser fills the space in line. The chaser may only tap a person on the back if they are behind them.
6. Once the runner is caught, he takes a place at the end of the line and the chaser who tagged him becomes the runner.