Follow the traditional name toss rules:
Here is the traditional way to lead a Name Toss:
1) Arrange the group in a circle.
2) One person starts off by saying the name of someone else in the circle, and tossing the ball to them.
3) That person then in turn says the name of a different person, and tosses the ball to someone else who has not yet received the ball.
4) That continues until everyone in the circle has received the ball once.
5) Generally, the objective is to pass the ball around the circle without dropping it. If the ball is dropped, the group restarts until completed without dropping.
6) You can add a “thank-you, (name)” from the receiving person.
For this name game, instead of tossing a ball, a participant #1 will cross the circle to exchange high fives and say the name of another participant in the circle. Participant #1 will then take that person’s spot in the circle. Participant #2 will then cross the circle to high five and call out the name of another group member.
This is a great way to avoid catching/throwing anxiety, or way to play if you don’t have an object to toss.